The pen is poised, impatient for inspiration to strike.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

.Waiting.

Lying
in the middle
of this bed
when I should be
doing
much less
like sleeping
and then I look up
thinking
that maybe
I saw
the door
sway
just a little
so I sit
staring
just for a moment
It's still, like
one of those
freaks who stand
on corners
dressed as statues
God they freak me out

It upsets me
to think my mind
is
lying
What other untruths has it unleashed on me
Rolling like snowballs
until
I am trapped
under an avalanche
of my own bullshit.

Then I realise that
the door is
always
moving
just a little
and I am
always
lying
just a little
sitting
in the middle
of the bed
pretending
that I'm not
always
waiting
for the door to
swing
open
and for
you
to walk in
whoever
you
are.

I am so impressed with myself for omitting any punctuation. Sheer will power, people.

3 comments:

  1. Shit, I am itching to punctuate. Is this what junkies feel like when they can't score?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. You'll get used to it.

    I LOVE it!

    Word doodle!

    And amazingly well-written, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this. I think its probably one of my favourites of yours.

    Especially the last stanza (is that right word?)

    I want more, woman.

    ReplyDelete

The Library

Le Petit Biographie

My photo
I laugh, I live, I think, I write (not necessarily in that order)... padam, padam indeed, Ms. Piaf. This poetry is almost always spontaneous and almost rarely edited.

Disciples