The pen is poised, impatient for inspiration to strike.

Friday, December 11, 2009

.If This Was A Book.

I could pause and put you down;
It would make a change to be the one that's
Up. Up, I could make coffee, mull it
Over.
When I get stuck on
Something you say, I could
Keep you like a bookmark, keep
You there until I think of a
Comeback. I could come back
When I'm stronger and read
Exactly
What you said
So I could throw every word in your face.

Then I could rewrite you, so you would say
Everything I want to hear.

But this isn't a book, and you are
Nothing but a chapter so I climb
Down and put you
On the shelf. I turn my
Back and reach for
Someone else.

4 comments:

  1. Le sigh. I seriously heart this one. Its genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi to you too! i LOVE this. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all, but Hope is right about this one.

    "I could pause and put you down"

    Perfection.

    ReplyDelete

The Library

Le Petit Biographie

My photo
I laugh, I live, I think, I write (not necessarily in that order)... padam, padam indeed, Ms. Piaf. This poetry is almost always spontaneous and almost rarely edited.

Disciples