The pen is poised, impatient for inspiration to strike.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

.Sunglasses In Bed.

Grasshopper glances are not fair so early in the morning
When the footprints of my dreams have not yet faded.
My smile is still fresh,
My palms outstretched,
and I forget, again,
to wear sunglasses.

At night I say, 'You can stay here all day,
tangling your breath with mine. I promise you
coffee, gollywog black,
and arctic showers,
Just as long as you leave me
More broken lemon tree branches,
And don't mind if I wear
sunglasses in bed.'

1 comment:

  1. Damn.

    I was writing a "poem" on Friday and wrote "you leave footprints across my dreams."

    ReplyDelete

The Library

Le Petit Biographie

My photo
I laugh, I live, I think, I write (not necessarily in that order)... padam, padam indeed, Ms. Piaf. This poetry is almost always spontaneous and almost rarely edited.

Disciples