The pen is poised, impatient for inspiration to strike.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

.It's Nothing.

I feel you squirming in my belly,
A silly urban smile fluttering like breath.

Then I realise that it's just the flush of wine
Sinking deep inside me.
My mouth is agape, unfulfillable hopes
Floating; forgotten before they are remembered.

Sometimes I feel you in me still,
As if you didn't fall out like a silent dream.

You were nothing before you were something
And now I'm making something out of nothing...
Though I suppose that's the way you began.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Library

Le Petit Biographie

My photo
I laugh, I live, I think, I write (not necessarily in that order)... padam, padam indeed, Ms. Piaf. This poetry is almost always spontaneous and almost rarely edited.

Disciples